Ballroom Dance Instructor, all styles
Specialist in Argentine Tango
Helmut started his dance career in New York City where he actively participated in the city’s rich dance scene for over 20 years. His experience studying and teaching partner dance led to the development of his Tango Barre curriculum for Argentine Tango.
Some career highlights include touring throughout the US and Asia with Pierre Dulaine’s American Ballroom Theater, and with Ballet Los Pampas an Argentine Tango and Folkloric dance company.
In London he studied with Elizabeth Romain and holds a Highly commended Licentiate in the Standard Technique from the ISTD. He studied Argentine Tango with Nito & Elba, Carlos Gavito and Michael Domke; has performed the choreography of Graciela Daniele, Pat Birch, John Roudis, Eddie Torres, and received glowing reviews from the Washington Post, New York Times and Dance Magazine.
- Ballet: Leane Plane, Trutti Gasparinetti
- Jazz: Victorio Korjihan, Natasha Baron, Phil Black
- Ballroom: Debbie DeFalco, John Meyers, Irene Donaghey, Amy Block, Bill Davis, Sonny Benick, Peter Eggelton
- Argentine Tango: Nito & Elba, Michael Domke, Carlos Gavito, Pedro Escudero
Exams Passed:Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing: Licentiate Standard
- Pan Am Teachers of Dance: Licentiate Standard
- Fred Astaire Dance Studios Associate: American style